SAS is a dynamic, 21st century learning community where Catholic faith, global collaboration and sustained innovation produce excellence in education.
On August 28, 1926, a pioneer group of religious women, members of the Daughters of Mary and Joseph, opened a new parochial school in Culver City. SAS began serving the community on September 7, 1926 with an enrollment of 123 children. With the growing population of Culver City, the school experienced an increase in enrollment and constructed the current school building by 1947. The charism of the founding sisters and the work of dedicated educators have continued to carry our school for nearly 90 years. Today, St. Augustine school offers academic programs ranging from a license pre-school (2 years +) to junior high (eight grade) for over 230 students of all faiths and cultural heritage. The school continues to exert a positive influence in the community by offering a strong spiritual and academic program to a diverse student body.